Re: Limiting the size of installed changelogs

As for limiting / truncating Debian changelogs, there is an existing
implementation that we may refer to, which is Ubuntu's approach: they keep
certain amount of changelog in the .deb package (I'm not sure about the
detailed algorithm but that is available somewhere) while adding some
explanation words at the bottom providing a URL that can access full changelog
online.

If Debian wants to limit changelog size as well, it may be better if we keep
similar / identical behaviour / implementation as Ubuntu.

--
Regards,
Boyuan Yang

在 2018年9月13日星期四 EDT 上午6:22:37,Ben Hutchings 写道: