Re: Should the weboob package stay in Debian?

Matthew Vernon wrote:

>Part of the problem, I think, is that there are just so many of these
>"little things", and that together they make up an environment that is
>hostile to folk who aren't male (and, often, white and heterosexual). If
>it was just one "little thing" then perhaps it wouldn't be so bad, but
>it's not, it's hundreds of "little things", and getting any one of them
>improved can involve a vast argument about how this "little thing" isn't
>worth getting worked up about (et seq, et seq).

Exactly this. We can improve the whole with each little thing that we
improve. The fact that a task is large, with many parts to it,
shouldn't put us off from starting it anyway. Hell, who'd have thought
a collection of volunteers could develop and maintain a complete
operating system...?

"Further comment on how I feel about IBM will appear once I've worked out
 whether they're being malicious or incompetent. Capital letters are forecast."
 Matthew Garrett, http://www.livejournal.com/users/mjg59/30675.html