Re: Dealing with ci.d.n for package regressions

Hi Chris,

On 03-05-18 20:13, Chris Lamb wrote:
> Secondly, I was just wondering if you are collecting statistics
> over what percentage of packages have autopkgtests, or, perhaps
> more usefully which special/important packages have such tests?

https://ci.debian.net/status/ has a bit. Regarding important packages: I
personally don't mind special/important packages not having such tests
as long as loads of their reverse dependencies have them. E.g. perl is
very well tested (> 1000 tests).

In the end what count is not the quantity of autopkgtests but the
quality. I rather have fewer tests if the tests we have are smarter.

> I can hack together quick things like:
>
>   import psycopg2
>   import fileinput
>
>   NUM = 100
>
>   missing = set()
>   for x in fileinput.input():
>       xs = x.strip().split(' ', 6)
>       if xs[-1] == 'testsuite-autopkgtest-missing':
>           missing.add(xs[1])
>
>   conn = psycopg2.connect(
>       user='udd-mirror',
>       dbname='udd',
>       password='udd-mirror',
>       host='udd-mirror.debian.net',
>   )
>
>   cur = conn.cursor()
>   cur.execute('SELECT source FROM popcon_src '
>       'ORDER BY insts DESC LIMIT {}'.format(NUM))
>
>   print(' '.join(sorted({x[0] for x in cur} & missing)))
>
> This returns:
>
>   $ wget -Olintian.gz https://lintian.debian.org/resources/4b0282b7cc918d444724c9a7f1985bf486a39ab5c0a2793f7cddc7113a475cad.gz
>   $ gunzip lintian.gz
>   $ python3 script.py lintian
>   acl attr base-files base-passwd bash bsdmainutils busybox bzip2
>   coreutils cpio cron cyrus-sasl2 debconf debian-archive-keyring
>   debianutils dmidecode dpkg e2fsprogs expat file findutils
>   freetype gcc-6 gcc-7 gcc-8 gdbm gettext groff gzip hostname
>   initramfs-tools iputils klibc libedit libidn libselinux libsepol
>   libtext-charwidth-perl libtext-iconv-perl libtext-wrapi18n-perl
>   libusb libx11 libxau libxdmcp libxext logrotate lsb lvm2 mawk
>   mime-support ncurses netbase newt openldap openssl pam pciutils
>   pcre3 perl popt popularity-contest procps python-defaults
>   readline sed shadow slang2 sqlite3 sysvinit tar tcp-wrappers
>   tzdata ucf wget zlib
>
> ie. 75 out of "top" 100 packages according to popcon are missing
> autopkgtests.

Yes, go provide patches to add them ;) But let's make them smart.

Paul