Re: Dealing with ci.d.n for package regressions

Hi Paul,

> And finally, thanks to all the people that helped and contributed to
> make this possible, 5 years after the initial announcement⁷.

First, thank you for pushing this!

Secondly, I was just wondering if you are collecting statistics
over what percentage of packages have autopkgtests, or, perhaps
more usefully which special/important packages have such tests?

I can hack together quick things like:

  import psycopg2
  import fileinput

  NUM = 100

  missing = set()
  for x in fileinput.input():
      xs = x.strip().split(' ', 6)
      if xs[-1] == 'testsuite-autopkgtest-missing':
          missing.add(xs[1])

  conn = psycopg2.connect(
      user='udd-mirror',
      dbname='udd',
      password='udd-mirror',
      host='udd-mirror.debian.net',
  )

  cur = conn.cursor()
  cur.execute('SELECT source FROM popcon_src '
      'ORDER BY insts DESC LIMIT {}'.format(NUM))

  print(' '.join(sorted({x[0] for x in cur} & missing)))

This returns:

  $ wget -Olintian.gz https://lintian.debian.org/resources/4b0282b7cc918d444724c9a7f1985bf486a39ab5c0a2793f7cddc7113a475cad.gz
  $ gunzip lintian.gz
  $ python3 script.py lintian
  acl attr base-files base-passwd bash bsdmainutils busybox bzip2
  coreutils cpio cron cyrus-sasl2 debconf debian-archive-keyring
  debianutils dmidecode dpkg e2fsprogs expat file findutils
  freetype gcc-6 gcc-7 gcc-8 gdbm gettext groff gzip hostname
  initramfs-tools iputils klibc libedit libidn libselinux libsepol
  libtext-charwidth-perl libtext-iconv-perl libtext-wrapi18n-perl
  libusb libx11 libxau libxdmcp libxext logrotate lsb lvm2 mawk
  mime-support ncurses netbase newt openldap openssl pam pciutils
  pcre3 perl popt popularity-contest procps python-defaults
  readline sed shadow slang2 sqlite3 sysvinit tar tcp-wrappers
  tzdata ucf wget zlib

ie. 75 out of "top" 100 packages according to popcon are missing
autopkgtests.

Regards,

--
      ,''`.