Re: Urging for solution to the slow NEW queue process

Hi Chris,

On Fri, Apr 13, 2018 at 09:26:07AM +0100, Chris Lamb wrote:
> > I personally admit that getting no response to e-mails is more draining
> > on the patience than waiting for getting a package acceptet.
>
> Perhaps so, but it doesn't quite help when your emails are regularly
> bouncing (which they have been doing so for the past few days)
> when combined with you not maintaining a persistent connection to
> IRC so I cannot respond to your subsequent "drive-by" queries there
> either. ;-)

I've definitely choosen a very bad time to claim e-mail the most
reliable way of conversation.  ;-)  But Lumins argument of mailing list
archives is a good point.

In general I need to admit that in the now close to 20 years I have
upload permissions the overall happiness about ftpmaster processing is
mostly increasing over time.  We had some very bad times when only a
single person was caring.  Since this bottleneck was solved it became
dramatically better.  There are surely times when the queue fills up but
if you give good reasons for ftpmasters why a specific package is more
important than others (like this package helps fixing RC bug #xy) or so
this is very promptly processed.

To repeat myself: Cudos to ftpmaster

     Andreas.

--