Urging for solution to the slow NEW queue process

Hi folks,

I'm sorry for repeating this topic in -devel without reading all the
followups in this thread [1] which seems to be dying. Is there
any conclusion in the thread[1] ?

Briefly speaking, if a DD was told that "Thank you for your contribution
to Debian but please wait for at least 2 months so that your package
can enter the archive.", will the DD still be motivated working on NEW
packages??? Please convince me if you think that doesn't matter.

Let's have a look a this chart[2]. Obviously the NEW queue became
somewhat weirdly long since about a year ago. We can also move
to the middle part of this page[3] where we can estimate a median
number of time for a package to wait in the NEW queue. The median is
**2 month**. Things has been going in the BAD direction compared
to the past.

I'm only a DM and I tried to apply for FTP assistant but got
nothing in reply from ftp-master. Now what I can do is just
repeating this topic again and urge for a solution.

Sorry for any inconvenience.

Best,
lumin

[1] https://lists.debian.org/debian-devel/2018/03/msg00064.html