Re: Urging for solution to the slow NEW queue process

Dear Lumin,

On Wed, Apr 11, 2018 at 07:08:21AM +0000, Lumin wrote:
> Briefly speaking, if a DD was told that "Thank you for your contribution
> to Debian but please wait for at least 2 months so that your package
> can enter the archive.", will the DD still be motivated working on NEW
> packages??? Please convince me if you think that doesn't matter.

The fact that the NEW queue is continuely growing is a sign that DDs are
continuosely motivated to fill it up. ;-)  As Mattia said in his
response patience is a feature you learn as DD and it is not a bad
feature.

> I'm only a DM and I tried to apply for FTP assistant but got
> nothing in reply from ftp-master. Now what I can do is just
> repeating this topic again and urge for a solution.

I have not seen any applause in this thread for your offer to help.  I
hereby do this and thank you explicitly.  I have learned that e-mails to
ftp-master work way worse than IRC via #debian-ftp.  May be you repeat
your offer there.

I personally admit that getting no response to e-mails is more draining
on the patience than waiting for getting a package acceptet.  Thus
knowing this alternative channel helped me a lot.

Kind regards

      Andreas.

--
http://fam-tille.de