FHS: Where to store user specific plugins / code

Hi Debian Developers, all,

I'm maintaining schleuder in Debian [1], a "gpg-enabled mailing list
manager with resending-capabilities".

Currently, we allow users to run / execute their own plugins, stored in
/etc/schleuder/plugins. Obviously, that's not the right place, as /etc
is for config files, not executable code. We would like to fix this, but
are unsure which location to offer. The (empty) directory would be
provided by the package, but the (possible) content would be provided by
the user.

Therefore, I'm wondering what's the correct place: Would
/usr/local/lib/schleuder/plugins be sensible? If not, any other place
which is more suitable?

Looking forward to your input!

All the best,
cheers,