Re: Spam targeting nnn-done@bugs.d.o

On Wed, 28 Feb 2018, Ian Jackson wrote:
> Paul Wise writes ("Re: Spam targeting nnn-done@bugs.d.o"):
> > On Tue, Feb 27, 2018 at 10:29 PM, Steve Cotton wrote:
> > > Maybe the Package: pseudo-header should be mandatory for a nnn-done@ email
> > > to close the bug? That would protect against both spam and typos.
> >
> > That sounds best to me, but I can see it could get tedious.
> >
> > It probably would also need to support multiple packages.
>
> Support "Package: *" as a special case ?

I suppose an alternative is to have the BTS ignore the special effect
for -done messages which don't have a Version:, Package:, or other
appropriate pseudoheader from a message which looks signed, a mailing
address which is not the submitter, the package maintainer, a
@debian.org account, or someone on the ldo whitelist with an appropriate
error message. [This could be exploited, but it'd chop out a great deal
of spam.]

--
Don Armstrong                      https://www.donarmstrong.com

Have you ever noticed: the most vocal superpatriots are the old men
who send young men out to die.
 -- Harlan Ellison "Basilisk" (_Deathbird Stories_ p73)