Re: What can Debian do to provide complex applications to its users?

On Fri, Feb 16, 2018 at 08:18:13PM +0100, Samuel Thibault wrote:
> W. Martin Borgert, on ven. 16 févr. 2018 18:59:21 +0100, wrote:
> > This is very much a web application problem. Other software is
> > less affected in my experience.
>
> Sure. But the current world is more and more focused on web
> applications.

That's not a good justification for doing something if it doesn't fit
into Debian.

> If we disconnect from the current world, we'll have a hard
> time attracting new people to maintain Debian on the long run.

In the current world Debian[1] has an 8 digit userbase on the
Raspberry Pi.

These are existing Debian users, and the Raspberry Pi ecosystem
is culturally much closer to Debian than the JS universe.

If you (or anyone else) wants to spend effort on attracting new people
to maintain Debian, the Raspberry Pi ecosystem would be the more
logical choice here.

> Samuel

cu
Adrian