Re: What can Debian do to provide complex applications to its users?

W. Martin Borgert, on ven. 16 févr. 2018 18:59:21 +0100, wrote:
> If I understand Samuels idea correctly, he likes to

I don't.

I'm just saying what I'm noticing, not what I like.

> This is very much a web application problem. Other software is
> less affected in my experience.

Sure. But the current world is more and more focused on web
applications. If we disconnect from the current world, we'll have a hard
time attracting new people to maintain Debian on the long run.

> Maybe we just have to package JS libraries with their version
> number in the package name in the first place?

Provided the files don't conflict, that's what I suggested, yes (much to
my dismay).

Samuel