Re: salsa.debian.org (git.debian.org replacement) going into beta

On Thu, Jan 04, 2018 at 01:01:15PM +0100, Raphael Hertzog wrote:
> On Thu, 28 Dec 2017, Adam Borowski wrote:
> > >
> > > Someone just has to add the packages to the team list. It's a one-time
> > > maintenance cost that in my opinion takes very little time. I don't
> > > think it's a scalability problem at all. Surely, someone can spend a
> > > few seconds per package.…
> >
> > On the other hand, this is something that will notoriously get forgotten.
> > Thus, some automation would be needed, otherwise it'll quicky go out of sync
> > badly.
>
> I agree. I have plans to create email addresses like
> team+<team-slug>@tracker.debian.org that could be used for this purpose.
> The package tracker would automatically add those packages to the
> respective team.

Sounds much better, yeah.

Having one package have
    Debian Desktop Theme Team <darkcold-gtk-theme@packages.debian.org>
and another
    Debian Desktop Theme Team <catimages-gtk-theme@packages.debian.org>
gives them different maintainer address; too many people consider the mail
address authoritative and text before it just a variable piece of junk
they ignore.

So please give me something that I can stick into the maintainer field to
have as many tools as possible DTRT.

> We could then expand the use of this email address also for discussion
> between team members.

Wouldn't hurt, yeah.

Meow!
--
// If you believe in so-called "intellectual property", please immediately
// cease using counterfeit alphabets.  Instead, contact the nearest temple