Re: salsa.debian.org (git.debian.org replacement) going into beta

On Thu, 28 Dec 2017, Adam Borowski wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 28, 2017 at 09:38:11AM -0500, Jeremy Bicha wrote:
> > On Thu, Dec 28, 2017 at 7:37 AM, Ole Streicher <olebole@debian.org> wrote:
> > > Question here is: how does the tracker identify which packages are team
> > > maintained? Currently, this is done with the maintainers mail address
> > > (which is f.e. debian-science-maintainers@alioth.d.o). However, when
> > > this address is gone, we would need an alternative.
> >
> > Someone just has to add the packages to the team list. It's a one-time
> > maintenance cost that in my opinion takes very little time. I don't
> > think it's a scalability problem at all. Surely, someone can spend a
> > few seconds per package.…
>
> On the other hand, this is something that will notoriously get forgotten.
> Thus, some automation would be needed, otherwise it'll quicky go out of sync
> badly.

I agree. I have plans to create email addresses like
team+<team-slug>@tracker.debian.org that could be used for this purpose.
The package tracker would automatically add those packages to the
respective team.

We could then expand the use of this email address also for discussion
between team members.

Cheers,
--
Raphaël Hertzog ◈ Debian Developer