Re: Is missing SysV-init support a bug?

Josh Triplett <josh@joshtriplett.org> writes:
> Russ Allbery wrote:

>> It does, however, mean that it's a good idea for us to continue to
>> support sysvinit.

> Not quite. It means we should maintain support for sysvinit *scripts*
> for the foreseeable future; there's no good reason for us to break
> support for /etc/init.d/* any time soon.

There are other reasons to continue to support sysvinit: developers who
want to continue to use it, ports that want to continue to use it, and so
forth.

I don't see any reason to drop support.  It doesn't seem to be hurting
anything, and the dual support model has worked out considerably better
than a lot of people feared it would.