Re: salsa.debian.org (git.debian.org replacement) going into beta

On Sat, Dec 30, 2017 at 12:17 PM, Jonas Meurer <jonas@freesources.org> wrote:
> That's great indeed. Funny enough, tobi, me and some others discussed
> this very topic at the 34c3 Debian meeting and came up with the idea to
> add groups functionality to tracker.debian.org. It's awesome to learn
> that it already exists :)

Good. It could still use some development help.

Tracker does not recognize the pseuo-teams Maintainers like
https://tracker.debian.org/teams/debian-siridb-packaging-team/

https://tracker.debian.org/pkg/libcleri (Note that the entire General
section in the top left is missing).

> Besides: Is it possible to send mail to
> 'desktop-themes-team@tracker.debian.org'? Where does it get forwarded?

No. Email sent to that address won't go to anybody.

> Giving a group email address whould here would have the advantage that
> our package overview web tools (packages, tracker, qa, ...) would link
> to the group page automatically, right?

Tracker currently needs someone to create the team but that takes a
few seconds. It can automatically keep the team up-to-date for all
packages that use the same Maintainer email address.

Thanks,
Jeremy Bicha