Re: salsa.debian.org (git.debian.org replacement) going into beta

On Dec 29, Alexander Wirt <formorer@debian.org> wrote:

> Please propose a solution for reusing the name without breaking renamed and
> not yet migrated repos.
Ignore the renamed repositories: if somebody renamed them then they
obviously expected to have to update the VCS URLs anyway.
Switch the anonscm name when alioth will be shut down: the people who
have already migrated can keep pushing to the old repository as well to
keep it in sync.
This is not perfect, but it is still better than having to update
countless packages.

> Of course you are now one year to late.
I do not think that it is our fault to find out just now that a major
feature of alioth would be broken.

--
ciao,
Marco