Re: salsa.debian.org (git.debian.org replacement) going into beta

On Mon, 2017-12-25 at 21:10:37 +0100, Marco d'Itri wrote:
> On Dec 25, Alexander Wirt <formorer@debian.org> wrote:
> > Every user can create projects in their own namespace (similar to GitHub).

> What about git repository URLs?
> I am not looking forward to update all Vcs-Git and Vcs-Browser headers
> currently referencing anonscm.debian.org.

I rised this in <https://lists.debian.org/debian-devel/2017/09/msg00347.html>.

I'm also growing some URL switching fatigue when it comes to Debian's
git repos. And that's one of the reasons I moved all my packaging to
my own server some time ago.

But this still leaves all checkouts that will also need to be updated,
which is way way worse than the changes required in debian/control,
documentation, wiki, etc. :( I also mentioned this when we moved from
git.d.o to anonscm.d.o.

For the dpkg repos, which are the only ones I still handle on alioth,
I'm pondering whether to just get something like git.dpkg.org going,
so that I can get out of this, even if just as redirectors, but to be
used as the canonical URLs. :/

Thanks,
Guillem