Re: salsa.debian.org (git.debian.org replacement) going into beta

On Fri, Dec 29, 2017 at 10:21 AM, Guillem Jover wrote:

> I'm also growing some URL switching fatigue when it comes to Debian's
> git repos. And that's one of the reasons I moved all my packaging to
> my own server some time ago.

This is just a symptom of a Debian design flaw that dates back to
before we started using VCSen for packaging. We include information in
the source package that can change independently of the source package
(such as Vcs-*, Homepage, debian/watch, Maintainer/Uploaders etc).
These should be stored externally to source packages and merged into
the Packages/Sources files by the archive software.

--
bye,
pabs

https://wiki.debian.org/PaulWise