Re: salsa.debian.org (git.debian.org replacement) going into beta

Hi,

On Tue, Dec 26, 2017 at 03:01:47PM +0100, Alexander Wirt wrote:
> > > Unfortunately that is something that has to be done. At least unless someone
> > > wants to write some kind of redirection map.
> > I am really surprised that this issue was not considered: I expect that
> > git hosting is by far the most common use case for alioth.
> it was considered, but nobody wanted to write it and how exactly it should
> work.

The Debian Med team has currently 874 packages and I have spent a lot of
time to migrate everything from SVN to Git and to fix all the Vcs
fields.  It would be pretty boring to do another upload of >800 packages
to fix VCS fields again (more or less every three years to something
else).

Kind regards

       Andreas.

--