Re: ISO download difficult (was: Debian Stretch new user report (vs Linux Mint))

On Sat, Dec 09, 2017 at 10:26:03AM +0100, Marc Haber wrote:
I fscking do know what the docs say. They're ambiguous and it didn't
work in either interpretation way I could come up with when I was last
forced to install Debian on a system in a place where only wireless
LAN was available, like a month ago.

As a milion times before, I ended up changing to a shell in the
installer and manually putting the firmware files into the installer
system, which then worked.

I am a DD. I can do that. Any other user would probably have Ubuntu or
Fedora on the box in quesiton now.

I'm not even sure that pabs is arguing against your point; just
fact-dumping in the thread.

--

⢀⣴⠾⠻⢶⣦⠀
⣾⠁⢠⠒⠀⣿⡁ Jonathan Dowland