Re: salsa.debian.org (git.debian.org replacement) going into beta

Andreas Tille <andreas@an3as.eu> writes:
> I think it became clear what we do not want @lists.debian.org.  However,
> what we want is a common maintainer list for team maintenance.

I don't really see this need. This probably depends on the workflow,
therefore could you explain why this is needed?

> I have not yet understand how this can be replaced.

Anything that needs to get "maintainer e-mails" (automated mails and
forwards of bug correspondence, right?) could just subscribe to the
individual package on tracker.d.o.

> It is a feature several teams are relying on and we want to adapt the
> maintainer field to this.

I currently really see the problem that the -maintainers email address
is published too often and at the wrong place, and people try to use
it as discussion list. This requires a constant manual check of these
mails, which is especially annoying since they are flooded by spam mails as
well. And if someone (ab)used it, additional effort is required to
redirect this to the discussion list.

I would really like to see the "Maintainer:" field as a possible contact
for humans (so, put debian-science@lists.d.o there), and do the
automated stuff with the package related address.

Cheers

Ole