Re: salsa.debian.org (git.debian.org replacement) going into beta

Hi,

Andreas Tille <andreas@an3as.eu> writes:
I think it became clear what we do not want @lists.debian.org.  However,
what we want is a common maintainer list for team maintenance.

I don't really see this need. This probably depends on the workflow,
therefore could you explain why this is needed?

I have not yet understand how this can be replaced.

Anything that needs to get "maintainer e-mails" (automated mails and
forwards of bug correspondence, right?) could just subscribe to the
individual package on tracker.d.o.

Member of Aptitude, SDL and OpenSceneGraph teams here (among others),
all of them with lists in Alioth, SDL as an umbrella of 10~15 packages.

Apart from receiving bug reports, we sometimes discuss things in the
mailing list, and for me it's handy to have everything in a single place
(discussions and bug reports).  Also, in this way we do not not have to
subscribe individually to many different packages, and we do not have to
make the effort to subscribe individually when new packages come into
the umbrella.

I don't think that this way of working it's replaceable with another
workflow explained in this thread, although I admit that I haven't been
following very closely every single message.

If the idea is *not* to move those to @lists.d.o, I cannot see what we
should be using instead.

Any recommendation?

Cheers.