Re: Why do we list individual copyright holders?

Jeremy Stanley <fungi@yuggoth.org> writes:
> On 2017-12-23 15:15:35 -0800 (-0800), Russ Allbery wrote:
> [...]
>> I think a separate (public) mailing list dedicated to this would
>> be ideal
> [...]

> As in debian-legal@l.d.o or a completely new ML specifically for
> copyright documentation discussions?

debian-legal would work the way that debian-policy would, but I think this
sort of thing would really benefit from a mailing list specifically for
the working group.  Anyone can join in if they want to be part of the
working group, but I think the random people already subscribed to
existing project mailing lists will produce more noise than benefit during
the early process of hammering out a concrete proposal.  (Obviously, after
that proposal is roughly shaped, it should be exposed to the project as a
whole for feedback and course correction.)