Re: ISO download difficult

On Wed, Dec 06, 2017 at 10:55:20AM -0800, Russ Allbery wrote:
I have no opinion about win32-loader since I've never used it and would
never use it (I don't even have any family members who would use it or be
able to use it), so I'm really unqualified to comment.  What you describe
sounds great for people starting from a Windows system.  That's just not a
problem I've had in about 20 years.

I don't want work on win32-loader to *replace* making download of a
working network install USB image easier, since that's the change that
would help me and those I know the most.  I'm very happy if we can do
both!

Seconded. win32-loader sounds very good for some people but not for
everyone.

I've literally installed Debian on a work-provided laptop this week; it
came with a RHEL7 variant pre-installed and I didn't even boot that (I
might have to at least have a look, but I was too lazy to look up the
instructions to find the IT-supplied default LUKS passphrase).

--

⢀⣴⠾⠻⢶⣦⠀
⣾⠁⢠⠒⠀⣿⡁ Jonathan Dowland