Re: Why do we list individual copyright holders?

On Sun, Dec 31, 2017 at 9:40 PM, Vincent Bernat wrote:

> I would never dare running Lintian in pedantic mode.

I feel the other way, I always want to hear about every way I can
improve a package, no matter how small or unimportant the change is.

> Lintian is full of opinions. For example, I often get:
>
> W: python-pysnmp4-doc: extra-license-file usr/share/doc/python-pysnmp4-doc/html/_sources/license.txt

Probably best for you to just ignore this one.

> W: python3-pysnmp4: python-package-depends-on-package-from-other-python-variant (Suggests: python-pysnmp4-doc)
>
> My solution? Removing the Sugggests and pray someone doesn't open a bug
> to request suggesting the documentation.

That would be the wrong solution, please file a bug on lintian instead
if there isn't one already. Clearly it is incorrectly flagging the
-doc package as a Python module package.

> W: python-pysmi: new-package-should-not-package-python2-module
>
> This is the translation of a group of people's opinion.

With the Python 2 EOL coming in 2020, adding more Python 2 stuff isn't
going to help us migrate to Python 3, so I think it is more of a fact
than an opinion.

--
bye,
pabs