Re: salsa.debian.org (git.debian.org replacement) going into beta

"Manuel A. Fernandez Montecelo" <manuel.montezelo@gmail.com> writes:
>> Someone on your team should create a Tracker Team. Add the packages
>> your team maintains.
>>
>> https://tracker.debian.org/teams/
>>
>> Then anyone can simply join that tracker team to easily get
>> notifications about bugs, commits, uploads, etc. Visit
>> https://tracker.debian.org/accounts/subscriptions/ and customize the
>> keywords to get the particular emails you want for particular packages
>> or teams.
>
> Thanks for the reply Jeremy, but if the mailing lists in Alioth will
> be no more (that's the plan, right?), that's completely missing the
> functionality of the mailing list for discussions within the team, and
> even upstream sometimes.

There are two types of mailing lists, which seem to be mixed up here:

1. discussion lists
2. "maintainer lists" for bug report forwards, upload confirmations etc.

Sometimes, there are separate lists for boths; then usually the
discussion list is on lists.d.o, and the maintainer list is on
alioth. Debian-Science is a prominent example for this.

In this case, the lists.d.o team do does not want to also host the
second list; and here the team tracker may help.

For other teams however (and this is your case), both lists are merged
into one list; and then this list is sometimes on alioth, and sometimes
on lists.d.o. In this case, as far as I understood the lists.d.o-team,
they would agree to move the whole list to lists.d.o. So, you would not
lose any functionality.

Best

Ole