Re: salsa.debian.org (git.debian.org replacement) going into beta

Hi Alexander,

On Tue, Dec 26, 2017 at 06:17:47PM +0100, Alexander Wirt wrote:
> > GNOME Team's current pkg-gnome-maintainers@lists.alioth and the Games
> > Team's pkg-games-devel@lists.alioth)?
> >
> > A few packages and pseudo-packages already have lists.d.o mailing lists
> > as their Maintainer, for instance debian-boot and debian-kernel. I know
> > some GNOME team developers have suggested having debian-gtk-gnome as our
> > canonical maintainer address: Alexander, presumably your response means
> > that this would be considered inappropriate, and the GNOME team should
> > keep debian-gtk-gnome as a discussion list only?
> We are happy running lists like debian-boot that are used for discussions,
> bugs and commit messages. But please not things like bugs and commit messages
> only lists. So if -gtk decides a one for all list fits them we are happy with
> it, but we won't run for example a -gkt-commits and -gtk-bugs list.

I think it became clear what we do not want @lists.debian.org.  However,
what we want is a common maintainer list for team maintenance.  I have
not yet understand how this can be replaced.  It is a feature several
teams are relying on and we want to adapt the maintainer field to this.

Kind regards

      Andreas.

--
http://fam-tille.de