Re: salsa.debian.org (git.debian.org replacement) going into beta

On Tue, 26 Dec 2017 at 16:02:08 +0100, Alexander Wirt wrote:
> On Tue, 26 Dec 2017, Anton Gladky wrote:
> > I think we should request the list something like
> > debian-science-maintainers@lists.debian.org
> > and use it instead of @lists.alioth.debian.org
>
> We don't want maintainter lists on l.d.o

I assume the intended policy is that lists.debian.org is suitable for
discussion lists (like the GNOME Team's debian-gtk-gnome@lists and
the Games Team's debian-devel-games@lists), but not for the maintainer
address of record that gets all the bugs and other bulk mail (like the
GNOME Team's current pkg-gnome-maintainers@lists.alioth and the Games
Team's pkg-games-devel@lists.alioth)?

A few packages and pseudo-packages already have lists.d.o mailing lists
as their Maintainer, for instance debian-boot and debian-kernel. I know
some GNOME team developers have suggested having debian-gtk-gnome as our
canonical maintainer address: Alexander, presumably your response means
that this would be considered inappropriate, and the GNOME team should
keep debian-gtk-gnome as a discussion list only?

    smcv