Re: salsa.debian.org (git.debian.org replacement) going into beta

On Wed, Dec 27, 2017 at 10:02:06AM +0100, Ole Streicher wrote:
> Mattia Rizzolo <mattia@debian.org> writes:
> > On Wed, Dec 27, 2017 at 01:35:50AM +0100, Philip Rinn wrote:
> >> Is it true (and intended) that -guest users can't create projects
> >> within teams/groups they are member of? Or am I missing something? [I
> >> was not able to create a project within the Debian Science Team]
> >
> > As Anton noted, you need to be a "master" in that group.  The difference
> > between "master" and "developer" in groups is only that masters can
> > create projects.
>
> There is another important difference: masters can add new team
> members. Which means that we actually loose any control on the team
> members if we grant "master" to all. For collab-maint, since all DDs are
> masters there, anyone can actually decide to grant "master" to any
> non-DD on the base of *personal* trust (right?).

AFAIK, that's only true for projects.
"masters" can't add people to teams, but they can add new members to
single projects.  IMHO, that's fine pretty much everywhere: if you trust
somebody to create a repository, you probably also trust them to allow
somebody else to work on it (and take the right decision about which
level of permission to grant to the new collaborator).

--
regards,
                        Mattia Rizzolo

more about me:  https://mapreri.org                             : :'  :