Re: salsa.debian.org (git.debian.org replacement) going into beta

Hi,

thanks for your work, salsa is really great!

Is it true (and intended) that -guest users can't create projects within
teams/groups they are member of? Or am I missing something? [I was not able to
create a project within the Debian Science Team]

> Collab-maint
> ------------
>
> If you want to allow other Debian Developers to work on your packages or
> software, you can create projects within the
> **Debian** group. Every Debian Developer has write access to projects created
> in this group.
> If you create a project within the Debian group, you are implicitly welcoming
> all DDs to contribute directly to the project.
>
> Guest users can only be added to individual projects with the Debian group,
> but not to the entire Debian group. This is different to the policy for the
> collab-maint group on Alioth.

For me this is a drawback. I'm a DM and maintain 9 packages within
collab-maint now. I want to invite other Debian Contributors to help with my
packages. Now I'd need to ask some DD to create 9 projects for my existing
packages (and also for new ones) within the Debian group for me. On Alioth I
could do this on my own. Why the difference?
I know I can just create the projects within my namespace but I'd loose the idea
of "hey feel free to contribute to my packages". That's really sad.

Best,
Philip