Re: RFP: pgadmin4 -- Web administration tool for PostgreSQL

On Sat, 21 Oct 2017, Denis Briand wrote:

Hi,

> * Package name : pgadmin
> * Version : 4
> * Upstream Author : Dave Page
> * License : PostgreSQL/Artistic licence https://www.pgadmin.org/licence/
> * Description : Web administration tool for PostgreSQL
>
> pgAdmin is the most popular and feature rich Open Source administration and
> development platform for PostgreSQL.
>
> pgAdmin 4 is a complete rewrite of pgAdmin3, built using Python and
> Javascript/jQuery. A desktop runtime written in C++ with Qt allows it to run
> standalone for individual users, or the web application code may be deployed
> directly on a webserver for use by one or more users through their web
> browser. The software has the look and feel of a desktop application whatever
> the runtime environment is, and vastly improves on pgAdmin III with updated
> user interface elements, multi-user/web deployment options, dashboards and a
> more modern design.
>

> Hello,
> Pgadmin3 is no longer supported by upstream team.
> So, we need to build pgadmin4 for debian buster.
> I haven't enought skills in web application packaging.
> I'm looking for somebody interesting in pgadmin to create this package.
My company (credativ) released Elephant Shed [1] on Friday which is an
Opensource, Debian Based Postgressql Appliance. My colleague packaged
pgadmin4 in that process and we will probably polish those packages in the
next weeks to make them ready for debian.

Alex

[1] https://elephant-shed.io/