Re: Unsustainable debian/rules as official build entry point?

On Wed, 18 Oct 2017 at 11:57:55 +0200, Svante Signell wrote:
> Building some packages for GNU/Hurd has been impossible in the past,
> since also tests are run under fakeroot.

Is there some reason why this would be Hurd-specific? Is fakeroot's
emulation of real root significantly more limited on Hurd, or do the
Hurd buildds invoke builds differently, or something?

dbus fails build-time tests under fakeroot on all architectures
(or at least, I would expect it to, because it tests AF_UNIX
credentials-passing), which makes me wonder why this failure mode would
have manifested on Hurd and not Linux in the past. I would have expected
packages whose tests don't like fakeroot to either succeed equally
on both, or fail equally on both, if unrelated reasons for failure
are ignored.

    smcv