Re: pasting license text into debian/copyright

On Thu, 28 Sep 2017 08:41:38 +0200, Dominique Dumont wrote:

> On Thursday, 21 September 2017 16:11:52 CEST Andreas Tille wrote:
> > May be if cme would have the same effect as wrap-and-sort there is at
> > least no disagreement between the users of both tools any more (leaving
> > those who are not happy with either of them :-P ).
> Unfortunately, wrap-and-sort has its own way of sorting: special entries (i.e.
> that do not begin with letters) are sorted after "normal" entries. So
> dependencies like "${misc:Depends}" are sorted after package dependencies.
> Usually, sort algorithms do the reverse. May be wrap-and-sort should be called
> wrap-and-sort-ish :-p

Ack, and I have to admit that I find this a bit annoying.

> I don't really mind this weird order except emulating this requires adding yet
> another special case (aka wart) to the way dpkg is handled in cme.

I'd rather see wrap-and-sort adjust to cme in this case.
(Or wrap-and-sort being replaced by a wrapper which just uses cme.)

Cheers,
gregor

--
 .''`.  https://info.comodo.priv.at/ - Debian Developer https://www.debian.org
   `-   NP: Mark Knopfler: The Mist Covered Mountains