Re: pasting license text into debian/copyright

On Wed, 20 Sep 2017 11:31:39 +0200, Dominique Dumont wrote:

> On Wednesday, 20 September 2017 11:24:50 CEST gregor herrmann wrote:
> > gregor, who also hates reformatting license texts or copying them from
> >         random places
> I can also whip up a script based on cme that would copy the license text from
> a file (or from STDIN), format it and store it in debian/copyright as a
> License: paragragh
>
> The command could look like:
>
>  cme run copy-license <license-file> <short-name>

Sounds nice.

Maybe we could even have "cme run copy-license <short-name>" which
takes the text from a well-know location?

On Wed, 20 Sep 2017 17:44:03 +0200, Dominique Dumont wrote:

> I forgot to mention the main side effect: the copyright file is re-organized,
> and the dependency list are re-indented. This is not a problem if you already
> use cme, but may lead to a big diff if you don't.

I'm used to cme reformatting files, so personally I don't care about
the diff :) [0]

Cheers,
gregor

[0]
In one of my wrapper scripts I have

cme modify dpkg-control -save
git commit -a -m 'Reformat debian/control with cme' -m 'Gbp-Dch: ignore' || true

before any commands which actually change the contents of files

--
 .''`.  https://info.comodo.priv.at/ - Debian Developer https://www.debian.org
   `-   BOFH excuse #362:  Plasma conduit breach