Re: Alioth: the future of mailing lists

On Tue, 19 Sep 2017, Michael Stone wrote:

> On Tue, Sep 19, 2017 at 09:35:03AM +0000, Holger Levsen wrote:
> > the other big challenge is to provide something that lasts "forever". I trust
> > DSA with that
>
> Which is ironic, since the service is being dropped while the addresses are
> still being published.

It might have been if alioth was on a DSA system.  It isn't.  But
probably even then it wouldn't be, since retiring a service that has
been on life-support for ages is the only sane answer.

--
                            |  .''`.       ** Debian **
      Peter Palfrader       | : :' :      The  universal
 https://www.palfrader.org/ | `. `'      Operating System