Re: Whether remotely running software is considered "software" for Debian.

"Dr. Bas Wijnen" <wijnen@debian.org> writes:
> Actually, that isn't so clear at all.  At least when it comes to current
> practice, I have yet to find any client for which nobody wrote a free server.
> People keep implying that we have many such clients currently in main, but I
> don't think we do.  So there is no clear current practice that can be used as
> an argument.

hplip ("server" runs on printers / multi function devices),
python-digitalocean, ruby-azure*, waagent, twittering-mode, smart cards
("server" runs on card), probably HBCI clients, python3-googleapi,
usbmuxd, python3-pyicloud, python-yowsup, youtube-dl,
libgfbgraph-0.2-dev, other proprietary web APIs, drivers for SATA disks
("server" runs on SDD/HDD), ...

Ansgar