Re: openssl/libssl1 in Debian now blocks offlineimap?

Kurt Roeckx <kurt@roeckx.be> wrote:

> Disabling the protocols is the only way I know how to identify
> all the problems. And I would like to encourage everybody to
> contact the other side if things break and get them to upgrade.

There is now #873065 on Postfix which suggests MTAs don't fall back to
plain SMTP if the SSL handshake fails due to disabling of TLSv1.0 and
TLSv1.1. I think this problem will be unsolvable before at least Google
and Microsoft do the same on their inbound servers, forcing everyone to
change configs.

Bernhard