Re: openssl/libssl1 in Debian now blocks offlineimap?

Hi Kurt,

I read your announcement on d-d-a, but due to moving places
I couldn't answer.

I consider the unconditional deprecation of TLS 1.0 and 1.1
a very wrong move.

Be strict with what you are sending out, but relaxed with what
you receive.

This paradigm is hurt by this move and our users at Debian are hurt.
In many cases they will not have a way to force the mail server to
upgrade, and thus are bound to *not* reading emails or using docker/downgrading/
home-compiled solutions, which is the worst we can wish for.

Do you really think that big companies like cable provides give a
**** about what Debian deprecates?  I was personally fighting with similar
problems in Firefox and the internal side at my university.

It is hurting our users and does not any good. There *must* be a way
to re-enable it.

Please re-consider your steps.

Thanks

Norbert

Accelia Inc.     +    JAIST     +    TeX Live     +    Debian Developer