Re: Call for volunteers: FTP Team

On Thu, Aug 17, 2017 at 11:22:03PM +0200, Joerg Jaspert wrote:
> On 14767 March 1977, Jonathan Carter wrote:
> >> it has been quite a while since the last call for volunteers, so here is
> >> an update: Yeah, we still need people, and we want you. Well, that is,
> >> if you are a Debian Developer, for this. If you are not and want to
> >> help, read the last paragraph please.
> > If someone hypothetically joins, are they allowed to rename the FTP team
> > to something that doesn't include "FTP"?
>
> GopherTeam?

PNQteam

Processing New Queue   Team.  Or another name for a team that does good work
which has _NOTHING_ "File Transfer Protocol" related.

We already did absolete ftp://

Doing s/ftp.debian.org/archive.debian.org/  is very 2017.
I mean ftp.debian.org is very 1995, okay 2005

Groeten
Geert Stappers
--
Leven en laten leven