Call for volunteers: FTP Team

Hello Debian world,

it has been quite a while since the last call for volunteers, so here is
an update: Yeah, we still need people, and we want you. Well, that is,
if you are a Debian Developer, for this. If you are not and want to
help, read the last paragraph please.

Ever felt compelled to do the hard groundwork? Ever wanted to help at a
nicely central place inside Debian? Or just want to write some Python
code and still look for a good place to stick it in?

Here we are. Come join the Nav^Wteam. Just sign over there to the right,
or even easier, mail us. We won't bite you, thats for sure. At least not
right away. :)

The criteria are the same as always: You need to be a DD (except for
coding only, though it helps to know the usual flow of a package) and
you need to be able to deal with the existing team members.

An occasional flame should also not disturb you, if you are working in
the NEW queue you will stand between the people uploading and the
packages entering the archive, rejecting something is not always liked
much. (But you often get positive replies and thanks, to keep your
spirits up :) ).

And - if you get headaches when reading legal texts - we all do. But it
is needed and things like NEW are mainly about that, the ftpteam is
*the* one place to decide if something is ok for Debian to distribute or
not, and you will have to take this decision. (Yes, there is more, but
this is the main point you are going to check).

Obviously the other points we made in earlier mails, like [1], still
apply too.

Another good way helping the ftpteam is - by not joining us! Yvan eht
Nioj! (Or for people not watching Simpsons: Join the Navy!)
Err, no, of course not, but: Join the QA team!
There is a lot of work commonly associated to the QA group but not many
people doing it. You could help out there, which in turn will help us
again.

[1] http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel-announce/2010/03/msg00003.html

Stay tuned for more news coming from the team soon.

--
bye, Joerg
You tried your best and failed miserably. The lesson is: never try.