Re: DEP 15: Reserved namespace for DD-approved non-maintainer changes

在 2017年6月7日星期三 +08 下午9:56:39,Sean Whitton 写道:
> Dear all,
>
> I am hereby reserving DEP number 15 for my draft DEP, "Reserved
> namespaces for DD-approved non-maintainer changes".
>
> I'd like to suggest discussing this DEP on d-devel (which is the
> Reply-to for this e-mail).  The canonical DEP text is at
> <http://dep.debian.net/deps/dep15/>.
>
> The drivers are myself and Ian Jackson, who came up with the idea, but I
> said I'd write up the formal proposal.

Just wondering why we need to control the branch name of proposed topic
branch, or even use a single repo to receive contributions.

My thought is that all we need is the "Pull Request / Merge Request" feature
on Alioth, where random contributors (who might have absolutely no permission
anywhere) can create forks (forked repositories) freely and request for review
and eventual merge from the forked repo into main repo if necessary. People
are much familiar with such workflow similar to GitHub / GitLab's fork-and-
merge behaviour.

That would also be much easier than setting up custom access control rules
based on permission inside a single repository.

--
Boyuan Yang