Re: Moving away from (unsupportable) FusionForge on Alioth?

在 2017年5月16日星期二 +08 下午3:15:31,Mattia Rizzolo 写道:
> On Tue, May 16, 2017 at 09:11:07PM +0800, Boyuan Yang wrote:
> > For example, there are documentation projects like debian-reference and
> > debian-handbook, native packages like dpkg, apt and reportbug. In that
> > case, the issue tracking *should* be enabled and used. Issue tracking
> > here will act as the replacement of mailing lists from
> > lists.alioth.debian.org. (Issue tracker acts just like mailling lists.
> > The sole difference is that you must start a thread on web interface.)
>
> Except that those projects are *expected* to use the official Debian BTS
> to track issues, and not any other bug tracker of their choice, nor a
> simple ML.

All right. If that is the case, disabling issue tracking / ticketing function
is doable on the new VCS hosting platform. Pagure has separate global config
switch on those functions. [1]

...but I believe we must enable the Pull Request system (if there's any).
That's one of the killer features current Alioth is lacking. Sending patches
onto Debian BTS or maillists is really painful and that prevents people from
making contributions, especially for those not that familiar with Debian's
development.

[1] https://docs.pagure.org/pagure/configuration.html#enable-tickets

--
Boyuan Yang