Re: Moving away from (unsupportable) FusionForge on Alioth?

在 2017年5月16日星期二 +08 下午2:51:16,Benjamin Drung 写道:
> Am Dienstag, den 16.05.2017, 13:47 +0530 schrieb Pirate Praveen:
> > On ചൊവ്വ 16 മെയ് 2017 05:20 രാവിലെ, Sean Whitton wrote:
> > > Thank you for updating us, Alex.

> > > Ah, that's nice.

> > > Is it possible to turn this off?
> > >
> > > I think it would be bad if we ended up with some people filing
> > > issues on
> > > the BTS, and others filing them on Pagure.
> >
> > I think issue tracking and merge/pull requests go together. The main
> > attraction of the github/gitlab/pagure workflow is merge/pull
> > requests.
>
> No. They are not necessarily go together. For example, GitHub allows
> projects to disable issue tracking, but allow merge proposals. This is
> what I would expect for a VCS hosting for Debian.

I've got some different ideas. While it makes sense that packaging-only
projects on the new VCS hosting system should not enable the issue tracking
system (people should use Debian BTS instead. Pull Requests should be enabled
to allow external contribution.), there are many semi-native and native
packaging projects directly related to Debian.

For example, there are documentation projects like debian-reference and
debian-handbook, native packages like dpkg, apt and reportbug. In that case,
the issue tracking *should* be enabled and used. Issue tracking here will act
as the replacement of mailing lists from lists.alioth.debian.org. (Issue
tracker acts just like mailling lists. The sole difference is that you must
start a thread on web interface.)

My opinion is that the use of issue tracking systems should be decided by the
maintenance/packaging team (for team-maintained pkg) or the repository owner.

--
Boyuan Yang