Re: When do we update the homepage to a modern design? (was Re: Moving away from (unsupportable) FusionForge on Alioth)

On 05/15/2017 12:32 PM, Paul Wise wrote:
> On Mon, May 15, 2017 at 6:12 PM, lumin wrote:
>
>> https://www.debian.org/
>>
>> We are the last major distro that move to systemd as the
>> default init system. And now we are the last major distro
>> that keeps an old design of homepage.
> I'd like to point out that what you are seeing is the *new* design,
> not the old design of the Debian website, which looked quite
> different.

Which for me was better but probably there is an easy way to explain
this: it was the first time I was on debian.org (the design before this
one) so it is more love for when I found it and it is habit. In reality,
both are ugly, clunky and habit/feeling is not helpful to new people.

Btw, I didn't discover debian.org and then download image and got
"woah", I was told about Debian, got CD with it and downloaded it via
some link on some website but for sure not debian.org which was always
way to complex with no really good info (I know now things so now it
feels all so easy and logical for me, but it wasn't before).