Re: When do we update the homepage to a modern design? (was Re: Moving away from (unsupportable) FusionForge on Alioth)

On Mon, May 15, 2017 at 04:01:36PM +0300, Adrian Bunk wrote:
> Non-informative frontpages like the LXDE one are what scares me away.

Actually I agree as a user already using GNU/Linux, but for new users it
might have different experience.

> The contents of the Gentoo homepage is similar to what Debian has but
> presented with a different CSS - something like that would be a good
> improvement.

Agreed. I would argue that the page is too empty and every piece of news
information in the home page needs a click to view.  It could be nice to
expose a little bit more for the news articles.

Also we need something like "Why Debian?", but it could be better
represented in another page with colorful pictographs.  We need to call
designers' help for this.