Re: Moving away from (unsupportable) FusionForge on Alioth?

On Sun, May 14, 2017 at 10:06:06PM +0100, Ben Hutchings wrote:
> > Alitoh is 90% simple git hosting, 5% managing push access to git repos,
> > and 5% mailing lists.
>
> Let's say VCS hosting, not git hosting.

Yes, I should have said that.

> > Alioth lists could be moved to lists.d.o.  As for access control,
> > the current situation with -guest accounts must be rewritten anyway,
> > because it is tied to FusionForge.  We could extend sso.d.o to
> > handle registering -guest accounts, and then use some scripts to
> > make all sso.d.o users visible to gitolite.
>
> Would gitolite be able to support the most popular types of git hooks
> (e.g. mail and IRC notifications for pushes)?

Yes, it has support for hooks, but it might require admins to enable
those hooks (possibly we could make it possible for all DDs to do this).

> Here's a tally of live packaging repositories hosted on Alioth, based
> on Vcs fields for sources in unstable:

Thank you for gathering this info.  I'm surprised there are so many svn
repos, and that there are so few hg repos.

--
Sean Whitton