Re: I need your advice

On Thu, Apr 27, 2017 at 11:25 AM, Pavlo Solntsev wrote:

> I need your advice about development under Debian. I use testing repo.
> My desktop environment is Gnome and I contribute to some Gnome's
> projects. For me the big challenge is to work with upstream libraries.
> Basically, questions lays in the plane how to maintain upstream library
> that I can use in my own project. For now, I can't build some libraries
> because of dependency that are not available in my debian repo. I know
> jhbuild can be used but some libraries, e.g. libgdamm are not available
> as modules. I checked Flatpak but can't figure out how to use my own
> library for development. I just wanted to ask for advice if someone can
> share an experience in this matter that would be very helpful.

Your options are:

Manually build libgdamm/etc and install them in ~/ or /opt or /usr/local

Talk to the jhbuild folks about getting libgdamm/etc into that.

Talk to the libgdamm/etc folks about adding it to the GNOME runtime.

Package libgdamm/etc in .deb form and get them into Debian experimental:

https://mentors.debian.net/intro-maintainers

Personally, I would choose just the last one or possibly all of the last three.

--
bye,
pabs

https://wiki.debian.org/PaulWise