Bug#859210: ITP: xtrabackup -- Percona XtraBackup is an open-source hot backup utility for MySQL that doesn't lock your database during the backup. It can back up data from InnoDB, XtraDB, and MyISAM tables on MySQL, MariaDB and Percona Server. It has many advanced features.
Owner: David Bennett <email@example.com>
* Package name : xtrabackup
Version : 2.4.6
Upstream Author : Percona Developers <firstname.lastname@example.org>
* URL : http://www.percona.com/software/percona-xtrabackup/
* License : GPLv2
Programming Lang: C, C++, Perl
Description : Percona XtraBackup is an open-source hot backup utility
for MySQL that doesn't lock your database during the backup. It can back up
data from InnoDB, XtraDB and MyISAM tables on MySQL, MariaDB and
Percona Server. It has many advanced features including incremental
backups, streaming backups, compression and encryption support.
Percona XtraBackup is the world's only open-source, free MySQL hot
backup software that performs non-blocking backups for InnoDB and XtraDB
databases. With Percona XtraBackup, you can achieve the following
- Backups that complete quickly and reliably
- Uninterrupted transaction processing during backups
- Savings on disk space and network bandwidth
- Automatic backup verification
- Higher uptime due to faster restore time
- Percona XtraBackup makes MySQL hot backups for all versions of Percona
- Server, MySQL, and MariaDB. It performs streaming, compressed, and
incremental MySQL backups.
Percona XtraBackup works with MySQL, MariaDB, and Percona Server. It
supports completely non-blocking backups of InnoDB and XtraDB storage
engines. In addition, it can back up the following storage engines by
briefly pausing writes at the end of the backup: MyISAM, Merge, and
Archive, including partitioned tables, triggers, and database options.