Re: System libraries and the GPLv2

On Thu, Mar 30, 2017 at 08:14:25AM +0200, Vincent Bernat wrote:
> As Carlos, it's hard for me to believe anyone will object to OpenSSL
> linking, all the more when they implemented the support for it.

A compication in this is that even though the developers of a program
would be happy with linking to OpenSSL, people who've written other
libraries the program uses, or other code included in the program, may
not be. I'm such a person. If some code I've released some code under
GPL2 (only), and you link use it in a way that causes it to be linked
with OpenSSL without asking me, you'll make me unhappy. I'm unlikely
to sue you (life is too short), but I might grumble lengthily into my
cup of tea.

--
I want to build worthwhile things that might last. --joeyh