Re: [E-devel] EFL 1.19.0-beta3 (from git) package for Debian Experimental

On Thu, Mar 23, 2017 at 5:55 AM, Ross Vandegrift <ross@kallisti.us> wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 22, 2017 at 04:50:38AM -0700, Jose R R wrote:
>> First I modify debian/rules, option: --enable-fb
>> -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>> [...]
>> ifeq (linux,$(DEB_HOST_ARCH_OS))
>>         arch_flags += --enable-fb    <=## Directive is overlooked. DEB
>> build fails *because* it's missing
>> [...]
>> override_dh_auto_configure:
>>         dh_auto_configure --verbose -- \
>>         [...]
>>         --enable-fb \       <=## Added explicitly here, satisfies dh_install
>>         $(arch_flags)
>> [...]
>> ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
> You only need this change because you're calling debian/rules directly.
> If you use dpkg-buildpackage then DEB_HOST_ARCH_OS will be set, and the
> Makefile will automatically add --enable-fb.

Until recently I followed Debian Handbook debian/rules 'directly' guidelines for building the Debianized kernel:

https://kernel-handbook.alioth.debian.org/ch-common-tasks.html#s-common-official

--and still do for all other software I've backported; thus, I thought build of EFL DEBs as similar.

Then I began to use dpkg-buildpackage to build my Jessie-backports of Reiser4-patched Debian kernels due to debian/rules procedure unexpectedly failing to build subsequently newer kernel packages.

Notwithstanding, using dpkg-buildpackage to build EFL indeed does --enable-fb but does not build (after skipping referenced tests in this thread) the following two packages, which using debian/rules 'directly' *does* build (.1, of course, after dch):

efl-1.18.4-1.1-DEBs/efl-doc_1.18.4-1.1_all.deb
efl-1.18.4-1.1-DEBs/libelementary-data_1.18.4-1.1_all.deb

Probably irrelevant but just letting you know.

Anyhow, I appreciate all the helpful input from everyone involved. I was able to build EFL DEBs and I just have to alter certain variables and/or build environment to find a proper optimization.

Thank you all.

Best Professional Regards.

--
Jose R R